The next BlowUpRadio.com Guitar Pull at Espresso Joe's is this Saturday, March 11th!
Jerry Lardieri (from The Brixton Riot)
Happy Joe Canzano
Peter Horvath (from The Anderson Council)
with opening acoustic set from Jersey Drive
The show is free, all ages, and starts at 7pm sharp.
Espresso Joe's is at 50 West Front Street, in Keyport, NJ.
Help some good causes, download "Rock Against Hate"!
68 songs for just $10 (or more if you can spare it). All proceeds go to Planned Parenthood and The Trevor Project.
Check out RockAgainstHate.org (and on Twitter @RockAgnstHateCD)
Latest Updates on BlowUpRadio.com
Song Of The Day (3/5/17): Vin Colella - "breakdown" (NJ)
MUSIC VIDEO: New Day Dawn - "The Broken" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Laree Cisco - "#Resist (Cassingle)" (NJ)
MUSIC VIDEO: Old Smile - "Empty Lines" (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Rocky and The Chapter - "You Are Not Mine" (NJ)
ARTIST PROFILE PLAYLIST: Downshallow (NJ)
ARTIST PROFILE PLAYLIST: Mazeffect (NJ)
RECOMMENDATION: Lunch Ladies - "Down on Sunset Strip" (NJ)
ARTIST PROFILE PLAYLIST: New Day Dawn (NJ)
PLAYLIST: Music To Trash The House By with Robert Tate - Episode 1
Song Of The Day (2//17): Just Some Punk(s)- "Pipeline" (NJ)
When I think that I've been doing BlowUpRadio.com for over 16 years, I think of all the fun times, but also all the challenges, and occasional burnout. A lot of music related sites have come and gone while BlowUpRadio.com has been around. You have to really be committed to what your doing to stick with something for many years (those of you who have been making music for years know exactly what I am talking about).
So when Jim Testa told me this week that his zine/website, Jersey Beat (JerseyBeat.com) was going to have a big concert to celebrate their 35th year, I was happy to hear that Jim was going to celebrate this milestone in Jersey Beat history, but also inspired.
Jersey Beat has been around long enough to have changed with the times...numerous times. Starting a zine (the same year the first commercial CD was produced), Jersey Beat has watched music go from vinyl/cassette, to CD, to MP3. It has seen music styles come and go, as well as millions of bands. It went from a little zine, to a much larger zine, to a regularly updated website.
When I first met Jim Testa in 2001 I had been reading Jersey Beat on and off for a decade. I was in my 20's I kind of felt William Miller meeting Lester Bangs in Almost Famous. Jim could not have been nicer, and I'm proud to call him a friend for all these years (he even had a show on BlowUpRadio.com for a while, which was a great honor).
Knowing that he still loves doing Jersey Beat 35 years in, makes me know that while BlowUpRadio.com has been forced to change with the times also, I hope to still be #SupportingGoodMusic in 2035, when BlowUpRadio.com will celebrate it's 35th anniversary, and Jersey Beat can celebrate the 53rd anniversary.
"Jersey Beat's 35th Anniversary Show" will take place at Maxwell's (Hoboken) on Friday April 14th
The line-up is incredible and includes: Richard Barone, Glenn Morrow, Marc Maurizi (Cropduster), Tris McCall, Mod Fun, The Cucumbers, Tammy Faye Starlight (with Keith Hartel), Prosolar Mechanics, Balloon Squad (Joe & Cindi Merklee), Karyn Kuhl and Alice Genesee, Foggy Otis.
This week on BlowUpRadio.com Presents New NJ Music we have new music from:
1. Laree Cisco - "Tell the Truth! (Don't Lie No More)" from "#Resist (Cassingle)"
2. Reconstitute - "Dear America" from "Rock Against Hate"
3. Modern Furniture - "Doppleganger" from "Year of the Lobster"
4. The Skullers - "Can We Do That Again" from "Can We Do That Again"
5. Shotgun Bill - "Political Blues" from "Rock Against Hate"
6. Keep The Change - "Business Ghost" from "Business Ghost (single)"
7. Rocky and The Chapter - "Lucky 13" from "You Are Not Mine"
8. DownTown Mystic - "Way To Know (featuring Max Weinberg & Garry Tallent from The E Street Band)" from "Rock Against Hate"
9. The Embracers - "All These Years (Demo)" from "Carte Blanche: Live and Unreleased"
10. Timothy Hay - "Nonmatriculated" from "Nonmatriculated"
11. Talley Summerlin - "Wow" from "Rock Against Hate"
12. Pat Bilodeau - "Fine in my Mind" from "Fine in my Mind"
13. Ben Greenblatt - "Foreign" from "Foreign"
14. Keith Monacchio - "The Courageous Getaway of Ciro & Madelina Fuentos" from "Rock Against Hate"
15. Late Nights - "Virginia" from "Virginia"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/030617.html
This week on Lazlo's Den Presents New Music Week we have new music from:
1. Alex Dezen - "Everything's Great (Everything's Terrible)" from "Alex Dezen II"
2. Hard Proof - "Men of Trouble" from "Stinger"
3. Tennis - "My Emotions Are Blinding" from "Yours Conditionally"
4. Josh Bicknell - "Walking On" from "Walking On - Single"
5. Don Kincaid & The Wait - "High and Lonesome" from "Whiskey & Women"
6. Del Paxton - "In the Well" from "All Day, Every Day, All Night"
7. Big Mother Gig - "Just Fly By" from "Almost Primed EP"
8. The Bombpops - "Forever Since" from "Fear of Missing Out"
9. The Real McKenzies - "Northwest Passage" from "Two Devils Will Talk"
10. Romantica - "Cecil Ingram Conor" from "Shadowlands"
11. Imaginary Tricks - "Night Owl" from "Skommel"
12. Asia - "Only Time Will Tell" from "Simfonia - Live In Bulgaria 2013"
13. The Attack - "Title Fight" from "On Condition"
14. Katatonia - "Shifts" from "The Fall of Hearts"
15. Bela Fleck with the Colorado Symphony - "Movement III (Live)" from "Juno Concerto"
Click here to listen: http://wherenjrocklives.com/den/2017/030617den.html
That's all for this week folks.